You may qualify for a years-of-service pension if:
- you have had done mental or physical work that requires great effort for at least 38 years (without interruptions),
- your ability to work is reduced,
- you were born in 1955 or later, and
- you are 63 years or older.
When you reach your retirement age, your years-of-service pension will automatically become an old-age pension.
Ask your pension provider for an estimate of how much your years-of-service pension will be. You can also ask your pension provider for a preliminary decision about this pension.
You must apply for your years-of-service pension within one year of stopping your strenuous and wearing work.
Most pension providers offer an online application service (in Finnsh or Swedish). Check if your own pension provider offers that service (and in English).
If you own pension provider does not Apply for the years-of-service pension with form 2022e (available as of May 2017). Attach your employer’s description of your work (form 7111e) and Medical Statement B (issued by your occupational health care) to your application. Medical Statement B will include information on
- the state of your health,
- the content of your work, and
- the mental or physical effort required in your work.